World Diabetes Day
ICC Kiev hosts a special event dedicated to World Diabetes Day on the 13th of November. This event is organized by International Diabetes Association of Ukraine and Kiev Humanitarian Fund “Diabetic”.
World Diabetes Day is aimed at increasing awareness about diabetes among population and coordinating efforts for fighting this disease. People should know about the reasons, symptoms and complications. It’s important to remind everyone about the prevalence of diabetes that grows every year. The organizers of the event hope that increased awareness will lead to more resources to fight the causes of diabetes and help find improved treatment.
The program of the event includes:
- - exhibition of medicines and goods for people with diabetes;
- - free diagnostics of sugar level in blood and measurement of blood pressure;
- - consultation of specialists and doctors (ophthalmologist, psychologist, endocrinologist, diabetic foot doctor, etc.);
- - master classes for patients;
- - awarding mass media representatives in the contest “Diabetes is the Universal Problem”.