Festival “Staircase to the Sky”
Festival “Staircase to the Sky” will open up in Kiev on the 23d or June at 8:45pm. The world-famous celebrities that were born in Ukraine will come together to celebrate this great occasion with a special performance like no other. And again the stairs leading to the main entrance of ICC Kiev will turn into a stage for musical and ballet performances.
This unforgettable sight is sure to draw attention to art and bring together like-minded people that appreciate and value it. “Staircase to the Sky” gives every guest a uniquechance to see and to hear the starts that perform in high-class operas and theatres of the world.
This year the following artists will take part in the event:
- - soprano Oksana Dyka (Italy-Ukraine, soloist of La Scala, Vienna Opera, Los Angeles Opera, Mariinsky Theater);
- -countertenor Yuriy Minenko (Russia-Ukraine, the first Ukrainian singer and the first countertenor that entered the finals of the International Contest of Opera Singers «Signer of the World» in Cardiff, he is among top three best world countertenors, soloist of the Bolshoi Theater, Russia);
- - violin-virtuoso Vasyl Popadyuk (Canada-Ukraine, participant of prestigious jazz festivals in America and Canada);
- - pianist and composer Dmitriy Naydych (France-Ukraine, laureate of the highest theatrical award of France – Mollier Prize);
- - pianist Dmytro Sukhoviyenko (Belgium-Ukraine, laureate of the first prize of the International Musical Contest in San-Bartolomeo, art director of concerts in European Parliament in Brussels);
- - ballerina Olena Filipyeva (prima-ballerina of the National Theater of Opera and Ballet of Ukraine, laureate of numerous international competitions);
- - trumpeter Andriy Ilkiv (Honoured Artist of Ukraine, holder of the title «The First Talent of the World», Toulouse, France);
- - tenor Fabio Andreotti (Italy-Ukraine internationally acclaimed tenor performing at the most prestigious opera venues often called «new Pavarotti»;
- - soprano Talar Dekrmandzhan (leading Sirean soprano, laureate of international prizes including one of the most prestigious ones- «The Queen Elizabeth»;
- - National Symphonic Orchestra of Ukraine headed by Volodymyr Sirenko.
Admittance is free of charge.